Monday, October 10, 2011

Campus Art Field Trip

Walking around campus last Tuesday evening was a lot of fun. On a scavanger hunt for artistic happenings in cement and iron campus was pretty cool. There was a lot more beauty and "art works" than I expected to find.

My personal favorite was the tire tracks on the sidewalk with the slash going through it. It was bold and told a story that had feeling behind it. Those tracks weren't made on purpose and most likely could not have been created to look as cool on purpose. Knowing that the tracks were made by cop cars made the art work even more bold.

I also liked the rock tree near the art building. I walked by it a few times the past year and I would notice changes in it, but never gave it much thought. But after seeing it up close and talking about it, I see that there are actually more stones on the iron portion of the tree than before. I'm not sure why there are, but there are definately a few more added since last semester. I wonder if a stone is added with each graduating class? Maybe a continuing sculpture that will be full of rocks and stones in a few years. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment