Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Plaster mold Beach Project



Over the weekend we decided that Sunday would be a great beach day. I was also able to do the plaster cast molding project while we were there. My oldest daughter, Isabella, was very excited about the project. She's a crafty kid and loves art projects, especially if they are messy.

It was a difficult trip since the baby is only five months old and cries unless she's being held. She definately did not like putting her feet in the sand. I thought it would be cute to do a mold of her little feet, but she wasn't having any part of it. My older daughter kept going further and further into the water making me nervous since the rip current was really strong that day.

It was a fun little trip and we had a good time taking advantage of such a pretty day. I think we will try doing this again but leave the fussy baby at home with daddy.

Avery excited Isabella getting ready to start plaster cast molds at the beach

Pressing her hand into the freshly fluffed sand

We poured the plaster of paris in the imprints left in the sand


Isabella's hand print


The plaster is starting to set

Seeing if it's all the way dry yet



Digging up the mold

Digging up the rest of the molds we made


It worked!


My mold is missing a finger, it broke off    :(

A fun family day at the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment