Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Knitting project

I liked the suggestion  of making hats for one of our art project that was made in class a couple weeks ago. Actually, I liked it so much that I decided to try teaching myself how to knit a hat for my baby girl. It didn't go so well, though.
I started out looking at the craft store, Michael's, with my 40% off coupon in hand. Searching through isles of yarn and books trying to figure out where to start was pretty ridiculous. I have never knitted or crocheted in my entire life and I have only seen my grandmother crochet blankets a few time and regretably never really payed much attention to how she did it.
Finally, I found a cheap and easy kit for kids that seemed pretty doable. It was a loom kit with four different sized round circular looms with a hook and plastic finishing needle. I was excited to try it and bought some cheap and soft yarn.
Well, the instructions were very vague and the black and white pictures did not do much to help in figuring out how to knitt the little hat. After a few days and couple of tries, I did actually complete something that resembled a hat.
Poor Baby Macy, she doesn't seem to like the ugly little hat either! It served it's purpose of keeping her head warm while driving big sister to school, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment